Last year my dog ate my son’s jack-o-lantern. Pooped orange for a week. Consequently, my dog likes halloween. Me? I like it too. Mostly because my kids are now old enough to go out trick or treating with friends while I sit at home with the porch light off in a quiet house. Then of course, as the father of the household, I bear on my shoulders the weighty responsibility of testing all of my children’s candy to make sure it is not poisoned. It’s a thankless job, but SOMEBODY has to do it.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *